Towel Day is an annual celebration on the 25th of May, as a tribute to the late author Douglas Adams (1952-2001). On that day, fans around the universe proudly carry a towel in his honour.
Some of my favorite Douglas Adams quotes:
- “You live and learn. At any rate, you live.”
- “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- “The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- “There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.”
- “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”